Sunday, February 1, 2009

An Interesting Week Comes to an End...

I couldn't have said it better myself...


This week has been extremely interesting, to say the least. I did fabulously on my strict Cooler 2 and only took 1 rest day from my workouts. I am very proud of myself. 

On the other hand, I found out that one of my closest girlfriends is moving to Sioux Falls, SD because her husband was transferred there for work. I am very sad that the convenience of knowing that she is just on the other side of town will be gone. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that I may end up seeing her more often now because we do end up going to Sioux Falls a few times a year to see my sister-in-law & brother-in-law and their kids.

Also, my mom has scheduled her surgery for February 12th - she is planning on having her C7 disc removed, because it is severely herniated, and then having her C7, C6, and C5 discs fused together with a metal plate because the C6 and C5 discs are bulging and have osteophytes (bone spurs). She has degenerative disc disease and they are trying to prevent the bulged discs from herniating, too. She gets a second opinion tomorrow and we will see how this unravels. Please pray for my mom, Trish.

My eats have been good. Yesterday I drank a few too many Organic red wine spritzers with Allan while celebrating "Birthday Week". I feel terrible because I really didn't have a present to give him because it hasn't arrived yet. I ordered him something that he really wanted off of eBay a week and a half ago and it still isn't here - dang Postal Service. 

This morning I made Vita-Mix grapefruit juice and it was a fabulous accompaniment to our egg whites and toast. Hip-Hip-HOORAY for the Vita-Mix!!! It made my hangover go away instantaneously. 

Vita-Mix Grapefruit Juice

2 grapefruits, without skins and quartered
3 dates
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup ice
2 TB agave nectar, or to taste

Place all ingredients in the Vita-Mix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Set the Vita-Mix to VARIABLE speed #1 and turn on the machine. Quickly increase speed to #10 and turn to HIGH. Keep on HIGH for 45 to 60 seconds and turn to VARIABLE speed #10 and quickly decrease speed to #1 and turn off the machine.

The grapefruit mixture will be a frothy beautiful pink color!


For the Super Bowl tonight my parents will be joining us to watch the Big Game on the "Big TV" - as we lovingly call it. I will be making Turkey Burgers and Sweet Potato fries for supper and stove top popped popcorn with almonds, cranberries and dark chocolate (for my dad's sweet tooth) to snack on during the game. Go Steelers!

No comments: