Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I apologize that it has been a few days since I have posted. I have been at the hospital with my mom and the blogger home page was blocked by their internet access. My mom's surgery was a success and she received her discharge papers this morning. My dad will be happy to have her home.

I have been keeping it pretty clean while at the hospital. I packed a cooler both days with my Cooler 1 Protein Bars, low-fat plain yogurt, and fresh fruit. I did eat some of the hospital food - I made salads at the salad bar and brought some of the Simple Vinaigrette from the Winter '08 Clean Eating Magazine with me to put on it - as none of their dressings were even close to clean - lots of High-Fructose Corn Syrup :(. We ate at Panera last night and I had a nice little salad and a half a chicken sandwich on a whole grain bagel - it was good.

Here are my Valentine's gifts to you:

  • A radio interview with Tosca Reno can be accessed here, click on the microphone half way down the right hand side of the page
  • Tosca also did an interview with Micheal Ray Dresser that can be downloaded and listened to here
  • Tosca has been a busy girl, and she also did this interview
I have been feeling under the weather and have not worked out since Wednesday. This morning I plan on starting Phase 4 of New Rules of Lifting for Women. Since most of my symptoms are Upper Respiratory, I will hold off on doing my interval running until after the symptoms have passed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you hear your mom is home and on the mend. Way to keep it clean in a stressful situation. You probably caught your cold at the hospital...you will feel better now that you are "home" hehe.:)
Happy Valentine's Day to you! :)

Maria Peters said...

I am already feeling better! Thanks for your thoughts and kind words. :)