Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cooler 1 : Day 3

Yesterday did not go well. I kept it clean, but was feeling weak and dizzy in the late afternoon. I bought myself a small Americano and it seemed to help with the energy level.

Today I feel much better. I think that I did a much better job of determining the order of the food that I eat. On Cooler 1 it is very important to get enough to eat earlier on in the day. It is also important that you do not try to sustain yourself on simply egg whites and protein powder - they are easy to grab and go, but just do not pack enough calories to keep you nourished.

Here are my eats for the day (I had 1/2 an extra serving of grains today and only 1/2 of my sweet potato to balance it out.)

Meal 1 - 1/2 cup scrambled egg whites + 1/2 serving baked oatmeal
Meal 2 - 1/2 serving spaghetti squash + 1/2 serving cooler 1 vita-mix marinara + 1 serving bison + 1 serving broccoli
Meal 3 - 1/2 serving spaghetti squash + 1/2 serving cooler 1 vita-mix marinara + 1 serving bison + 1/2 sweet potato
+ 1/2 serving baked oatmeal
Meal 5 - 1/2 serving long grain brown rice + jambalaya (recipe from latest Clean Eating Magazine) + 1/2 apple

No comments: