Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday's Eats and Workout

Sorry that I have been a bit behind on posting. I have been very busy at work and at home.

Here are my eats for the day:

M1 - 1/2 cup egg white + chicken sausage + 1 slice cinnamon-raisin ezekiel toast
M2 - vita mix: wheat grass + spinach + mango + frozen berry mix + ground flax + wheat germ + bee pollen + brown rice protein powder
M3 - 1/3 cup porridge, dry, cooked with 2 tbsp peanut butter
M4 - 1 cup plain, low-fat yogurt + strawberries + protein powder
M5 - turkey breast + pico de gallo + 1/2 sweet potato
M6 - 1 brown rice cake + 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce

My knee is still bothering me, so I did the same upper body workout from last week. Tomorrow morning I will work out my lower body and try to baby my knee a bit and see how it works. Here is the upper body workout that I did:

Lying Triceps Extension: 10lb/12 reps, 15lb/12 reps, 15lb/12 reps
Seated Dumbbell Curls: 10lb/15 reps, 15lb/12 reps, 15lb/12 reps
Bench Crunches with twist at top: 24, 24, 24
Reverse Crunches: 15, 15, 15
Alternating Dumbbell Presses: 15lb/15 reps, 15lb/12 reps, 15lb/12 reps
Incline Dumbbell Rows: 10lb/15 reps, 10lb/15 reps, 10lb/15 reps
Stiff Legged Deadlift: 50lb/15 reps

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing good! Working your upper body is better than no workout at all! Be careful with that knee..it takes time to heal.

Anonymous said...

Understand about family/job responsibilites but definitely miss your blog.

Maria Peters said...

Thanks! I will be posting more very soon after everything settles down. In the meantime, I will try to post eats/workouts every day.