Monday, March 23, 2009

Eats and Workouts

Unfortunately, last week when I was weight lifting I tweaked my knee. I have ran on it since the injury and went on a couple long walks with my husband this weekend. However, today it is very stiff. It seems to be best in the morning and gets worse as the day progresses. It feels like the muscles inside of it are very tight. I want to do an upper body/core workout tomorrow or Wednesday, but will have to try to fit it in my morning routine, as my knee hurts too much later in the day to stand up for long periods of time.

I just got done making the meatballs from the Family and Kids Cookbook. They smell delicious and will be great tomorrow night with whole wheat noodles and fresh marinara sauce from a local italian market.

Here are my eats for the last couple days:

Friday
M1 - 1/2 c egg whites + chicken sausage + 1/3 cup dry porridge, cooked
M2 - vita mix smoothie: yogurt + wheat grass + spinach + orange + strawberry + flax + wheat germ + bee pollen
M3 - chocolate protein bar made with almond butter (YUM!!!)
M4 - apple + yummy fruit dip
M5 - rachel sandwiches (turkey breast + swiss + sauerkraut + 1 slice bread) + steamed edamame

I just bought new bee pollen and love it! It is from the same farm (I buy a local variety from Ames Farm), but tastes much better than the previous batch that I purchased. It must be the time of year that it was harvested because the granules are much darker than the previous batch. Oh well... whatever it is, I like it!!!

Saturday
M1 - 1/2 cup egg whites + sausage + 1/3 cup dry porridge, cooked
M2 - vita mix smoothie: yogurt + wheat grass + spinach + orange/strawberry + flax + wheat germ + bee pollen
M4 - chocolate protein bar made with almond butter (YUM!!!)
M5 - super bowl burger made with bison + 1 sprouted bun + steamed carrots

Sunday
M1 - 1/2 cup egg whites + sausage + 1/4 cup dry porridge, cooked
M2 - 2 sweet potato pancakes
M3 - vita mix smoothie: yogurt + wheat grass + orange/strawberry + flax + wheat germ + bee pollen
M5 - grilled chicken breast + edamame
M6 - apple + yummy fruit dip

Monday
M1 - 1/2 cup egg whites + sausage + 1/4 cup dry porridge, cooked
M2 - 3/4 cup mashed sweet potato + grilled chicken + mixed greens
M3 - salsa + quinoa broccoli frittata
M4 - apple + yummy fruit dip
M5 - 2 egg whites + 1 egg + 2 sweet potato pancakes
M6 - vita mix smoothie: hemp protein powder + wheat grass + pineapple/strawberry + flax + wheat germ + bee pollen + 1 slice dry ezekiel toast

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try the sp pancakes and choc protein bars. Besides in your smoothies do you use your bee pollen any other way? You are so dedicated and I get inspiration from you daily. Everything my husband and I have tried from tosca's ce has been delicious and I'm looking forward to the mens book. But your recipes have been a great help in addition to her books in my ce journey. Truly if I hadn't seen your blog pics I would never have guessed that you were never this healthy. Do you know anything about the shapedbyfaith.com pilates videos?

Maxine said...

good luck with you knee; i hope it heals soon! with my knee problems, doing more stretching. my knee pain was due to tightness in my glutes, quads, and it band.

Maria Peters said...

I have not seen shapedbyfaithpilates.com, but will definitely check them out! Thanks.

I think that I strained my knee by just pushing it too far with too heavy of weights and not letting it rest enough between heavy sets... I was in too much of a hurry. I will try stretching my gluteus and quads a bit more and see it that helps.

Maria Peters said...

Sorry, I forgot to answer your first question... I usually add bee pollen to my smoothies, but somedays I do not have a smoothie and will have my bee pollen straight - BOTTOM'S UP! the same is true with my wheat grass shots.