Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

The family has come and gone and I am pooped! We were up before 5:00 AM this morning to make it to the 6:30 AM sunrise church service. On Easter, the choir sings at both the 6:30 AM and the 9:00 AM church services. I sang Redeemer by Nicole C. Mullen at the 9:00 AM service and it went well. My dad plays guitar with the choir and soloists and it is always nice to hear him "show off" on songs with really nice guitar leads like End of the Beginning.

After church, I made two top round roasts (5 lbs total), carrots, and mashed red potatoes with garlic and dill. Yesterday, I made two batches of gluten-free, dairy-free brownies (one made with oil and another with apple sauce) and carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. My mom brought broccoli salad and my mother-in-law brought gluten-free muffins and a lettuce salad with green goddess dressing. Needless to say, we had more than enough food. Everyone left full and with lots of leftovers! There are also some leftover clean sweets for Allan to bring to work tomorrow to feed to his coworkers. Life is good.

My menu for the week is planned and my cooler for tomorrow prepared. I am contemplating making some wheat grass juice in the Vita-Mix, but am lacking the energy. My knee has been bothering me again and it hurts to stand for long periods of time. I think that I re-aggravated it when Allan and I went for a jog/walk outside on Friday morning. :( I am really missing my cardio sessions and was hoping that I would be able to get back into them without my knee hurting. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case. Oh well... 

Have a great night! I will be checking back in shortly to answer some questions and post my eats/workouts.

3 comments:

Veldman Photo said...

Your carrot cake recipe looks great... I will have to try it next time. I made the carrot bread w/apple glaze recipe out of the Clean Eating magazine last month's issue... huge hit with the family today! Happy Easter! God Bless! Abby

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, sweetie!
(End of Easter today here in Norway..)

Anonymous said...

When was the last time you replaced your running shoes? It might be time for a new pair :)