Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Beautiful Afternoon

It is beautiful, warm and sunny here in MN. I am sitting on the front stairs of our cute Minneapolis home munching on half of a Chocolate Protein bar and sipping on one of my iced tea blends (a combination of pomegranate green tulsi, lemongrass mint green, and peppermint teas). It is unexpectedly refreshing and calming. 

We are having grilled chicken with asparagus tonight for supper and I am waiting for the chicken to thaw a bit more before I beat it with a mallet. ;-) I think that we will enjoy the chicken with some Amy's BBQ and Frank's Red Hot.

Last night Allan humored me by accompanying me to Barnes & Noble where I purchased Tosca's Eat Clean Diet Workout Journal and Ani's Raw Food Kitchen. I have ben reading a lot about the benefits of raw food and would really like to start incorporating some raw food into my diet. I have heard great things about this book and will let you know what I think.

To start out my new raw food kick, I think that I may have to invest in a food dehydrator and am considering purchasing this one. What do you think?

The timer that I had set for the chicken is going off... so it's time to make supper! Have a fabulously clean night!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria,

Check out hacres.com Hallelujah Acres Lifestyle is an 80% raw and 100% clean eating combined w/Christianity. They actually discuss the Excalibur and the vitamix along w/a lot of other topics you've mentioned in past blogs. Their weekly ehealth tip is always informative. Would also like to ask if you could please post pictures of each shelf in your refrig so I can get a visual of how you and your dh keep it organized. Have a great day

Everyday Superhero said...

I love my Excalubur dehydrator. I have the 9 tray one. Although it's bulky I get a lot of use out of it and I'm happy that I got the 9 tray. When I have it on I try to dehydrate as much as possible. So if I'm making cereal then I'll make some cookies too. I usually have about 7 trays going at one time.

Most of Ani's recipes don't call for a dehydrator. There are many resources online (blogs, websites, etc). You should check out Brendan Brazier's site.

All the best.