Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's to everyone!!!

Some day soon I hope to be celebrating Mother's Day with all of you as a fellow mother.

Unfortunately, this Mother's Day weekend was a cold one, so we didn't get to go out on the trails with the bikes, but we had a nice weekend with our moms.

On Saturday night we treated Allan's parent's to the Longfellow Grill. A fun, hip place along the Mississippi River. Lois (my mother-in-law) and I dined on grilled chicken breast over pears, greens, corn, and sweet potatoes with a side of corn bread, which I split with Mark, my father-in-law, and Allan. The guys enjoyed bison burgers topped with caramelized onions and mushrooms with a side of sweet potato fries. No, they were not the nice oven baked variety that I make, they were the full fat, oily variety. I tried one and they were nothing to shake a stick at. Mine are much better. :)

This morning was the last choir performance of the current choir season, practices will resume in the Fall. The summer church season begins soon and we will start attending Thursday night church services - I look forward to this time of year when I get to sleep in on Saturday and Sunday mornings!

After church, we treated my parents to breakfast at Key's Cafe. I ordered an egg white veggie omelet without looking at the ingredients list and was shocked to find HASHBROWNS in my omelet! I have never seen anything like it. I tried pulling most of them out, but gave up and simply ate the omelet as it came. After breakfast I had the worst stomachache. What was I thinking?

This weekend we also went to the movie, earth. I have been wanting to see this movie since it came out and we finally had time to go and see it. I really enjoyed it - the animals were cute, James Earl Jones' voice was very soothing, and I learned a lot about the different species of animals and various parts of the world. Overall, it was a great movie. It would have been the perfect movie to see at an IMAX theatre.

No comments: