Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

My bestie, Jennifer, is in town from Duluth for a few days and last night, accompanied by her boyfriend, Ben, joined us for supper. It has been a long time since we have been together in the same room and it was great to be able to actually see her. There is something special about physically being in the same room with someone that you love rather than phone calls, texts and facebook chats.

We dined on grilled bison and lean grass-fed beef burgers along with grilled zucchini and whole wheat buns. Allan was our chef on the grill and he did a great job. The burgers were moist and the zucchini was grilled to perfection.

Todays Eats Will Be:

Meal 1: egg whites + chicken sausage + 1/2 of (1/4 cup dry rolled oats + 1 tbsp chia seeds + 1 tbsp ground flax seed + 2 tbsp wheat germ + pumpkin pie spice + vanilla + 1 1/4 cup water)
Meal 2: 1 cup strained nonfat plain yogurt + frozen mango/blueberries, thawed + 1/2 of oats from Meal 1
Meal 3: seared tuna + lettuce + balsamic
Meal 4: 1/2 pita + banana + 1 tbsp peanut butter + 1 tbsp raw almond butter
Meal 5: chicken + broccoli + lettuce

I noticed that I forgot to announce my Cooler 1 results from last week. As of Friday morning, I lost 1.5 pounds... and that was on a rest week! I was really proud of myself for keeping the timing of my eats in check and also for drinking a gallon of water every day! I would really like to keep up my water drinking, as I think that it helps keep the chronic headaches that I used to get at bay and keeps my eats in check (especially carbs).

No comments: