Monday, May 4, 2009

Cooler 1 Menu: May 4th

Good Evening!

Today was a fabulous day! It was definitely the best first day of cooler 1 that I have had so far. I think that my 5 day Cooler 1 challenge is going to be much easier than I originally anticipated. I was extremely surprised that I really did not get that hungry today and was easily able to go 3 hours between each meal. Meal 6 (supper) ended up being a little late tonight because the grill started acting up. It took twice as long as normal to cook supper. Oh well... things like that will always happen and I am not going to let it get in my way. 

The fridge is stocked with planned leftovers: grilled chicken, grilled bison, english cucumbers, steamed broccoli, steamed green beans, romaine lettuce, baby spinach, apples, baked sweet potatoes, and egg bake (with 20 egg whites, mushrooms, red onion, jalapeno pepper, red pepper, and spinach). Next time that I make an egg bake, I would like to add sundried tomatoes!

I am sitting here with Allan in the living room enjoying a nice cup of Passion Fruit Tulsi Tea, relaxing before bed feeling quite proud of myself for my accomplishment with Cooler 1 today! :) 

Here are my eats for today:

Meal 1: egg whites + chicken sausage + 1/2 serving red pepper + 1/2 oats serving cooked with 3 tbsp flax + 2 tbsp wheat germ

Meal 2: egg bake (1 egg serving + 1/2 veggie serving) + 1/2 serving broccoli

Meal 3: chicken + romaine lettuce + 1/2 serving english cucumber + balsamic vinegar/lime juice + 1/2 sweet potato

Meal 4: chicken + broccoli + apple


Meal 6: bison + green beans + 1/2 sweet potato


P.S. I received my copy of the Eat-Clean Diet for Men today. I have not had a chance to open it up and start to read it, but am very excited to take a look when I have time tomorrow or Wednesday!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. How do you bake your sweet potatoes, what temp, what seasonings, how long, etc.