Thursday, April 30, 2009

Change is Coming...

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                           ―Mahatma Gandhi
This was today's "quote of the day" and I really felt like it expressed the way that I am feeling this morning. I want to strive to emulate the vision that I have for the world around me - faith, health, values, etc. 

I had a great choir rehearsal last night, including an hour long rehearsal of songs that I am singing on Sunday. What a beautiful way to spend an evening... meditating in praise and worship to God!!!
"The LORD your God is with you,
        he is mighty to save.
        He will take great delight in you,
        he will quiet you with his love,
        he will rejoice over you with singing."
                                           - Zephaniah 3:17
For the last two weeks, I have hit a plateau in my weight loss - this happens every few months. Whenever it does happen, I keep my chin up and switch things up from Cooler 2 to Cooler 1. Usually, I stay on Cooler 1 for 4 or 5 days, which shakes up my metabolism a bit, and regular weight loss follows. I plan on starting Cooler 1 on Monday.

Does anyone want to join me? If you will join me, I will commit to posting my eats every day next week.

To prepare for next week's Cooler 1 challenge, I will print out my Cooler 1 Checklist and Food Journal to plan every meal that I eat next week. Then, from my Food Journal I will make a Grocery List for tomorrow's trip to Valley Natural Foods and a list of the items that I need to prep this weekend (like Cooler 1 Protein Bars, which I plan on making into muffins). I may also make an egg bake with the veggies that I pick up at the Farmer's Market on Saturday.

On to some exciting news! I just received an email from Amazon that my pre-ordered copy of The Eat-Clean Diet for Men shipped last night!!! I am super excited to read this with Allan. I love reading any new information that I can find on eating Clean, Healthy, Real Foods.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you, sis..(but I'm not in for the Cooler 1 just now :)) Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

I'll try to do Cooler 1 with you! I need help with planning my meals though... if you could post some of your meals, that would help a lot!

Anonymous said...

I've never gotten myself to do cooler 1 yet. I'm in this time! You're such an inspiration! I don't know where to start, but will take a look at your checklists. Thanks

Maxine said...

Thanks for giving me the motivation I need to do cooler 1; I'm starting tomorrow!