Monday, March 30, 2009

Quick Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

This is a very simple vinaigrette recipe that I whip on days that I don't have time to make a more complicated dressing.

Quick Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

1/4 cup raspberry white balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp almond oil
1 tsp basil
1 tsp parsley

In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.

Tip
Nut Oils can become rancid quicker than traditional vegetable oils. Store them in the fridge to prolong their shelf life.

I use Nut Oils in most of my vinaigrettes and dressings because they are liquid at cooler temperatures. Most vegetable oils will solidify in the fridge.

2 comments:

Kari@Onederland said...

Oh you better believe me that I'm going to be whipping me up some of this to try just as soon as I can find me some oils. I'm on the hunt for coconut oil as well. Back to the dressing...I think I'll love this because I LOVE the Kraft Rasberry Vinaigrette dressing. :)
How long would you say this stays fresh in the fridge?

Maria Peters said...

Kari, it usually stays fresh in the fridge for a week or so. I normally use it up before that. Be aware that this dressing is not nearly as sweet at the Kraft dressing because it does not contain any sugar. Also, it is not quite as raspberry flavored because you are skipping the step of adding actual raspberries to the vinegar (but this cuts prep time down significantly).