Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Hello bloggers!

I hope that you had a nice weekend and are off to a great start on the week!!! We had a fun and event-filled weekend. It was one of our first weekends at home this summer and it was nice to be able to enjoy ourselves around Minneapolis instead of constantly being out of town!

On Friday, Allan and I kept it low key and enjoyed pizza and a red box. We rented Marley and Me, because we had been told that it was a good, uplifting movie and we were in the mood for something lighthearted. I thought that overall the movie was good and it definitely portrayed a more realistic viewpoint on marriage, pets, and kids. Although, I didn't think that it was as good as others had made it out to be... Although, I may be a bit biased, because I am a cat person, not a dog person. It's not that I don't like dogs, I do refer to Mr. Piggie as a puppy because sometimes he acts like a puppy, I just prefer cats. I just don't understand the licking, doggy breath and jumping - so not my style. I prefer this fuzzy lover.

Unfortunately, he prefers to lay on the Wii Fit Balance Board,
as opposed to standing on it and exercising. Oh well...

On Saturday night we celebrated my dear friend, Laura's, birthday at The Sample Room and the NE Palace. Good food was ate. Interesting conversations were had. And Karaoke was enjoyed.

Sunday afternoon was spent on Fountain Lake in Albert Lea celebrating my Aunt Becky's birthday with my mom's side of the family. We visited, went boating and ate.

I have been working on a recipe for Roasted Red Pepper Hummus for my cookbook and brought along the latest version of the recipe for taste testing. The response was positive and I think that this version is ready to go! Overall, it was a beautifully sunny day and I even drove the boat!

It's hard to believe that the summer is already half over. Phew! That was fast! Enjoy the beauty of the season while it is here!!!

5 comments:

AzLinda said...

Hi there Maria! Sounds like you had a delightful weekend filled with good food and amazing company!

I love cats too and dogs...and parrots...well, all animals actually..teehee!

Can you believe that I just hummus for the very fist time 4 weeks ago when I started on the clean eating lifestyle? Hard to believe but it's true. And I love it! Right now, I think I'm addicted to Trader Joes mediterranean hummus. But I bought a new one the other day with artichokes that I think I'm gonna love. Thought I needed to branch out a bit...lol!Can't wait to try your roasted red pepper recipe...excited for "THE BOOK"!

Maria Peters said...

AzLinda,

I also am an animal lover! I love all animals, but am extremely partial to Mister Piggie. :)

Don't you just LOVE hummus!!! I have found that it is much more economical to make your own hummus, instead of buying it and it's a cinch to make if you have a food processor.

- Maria

April said...

I also just started eating hummus about a year ago. I love it as a replacement for mayo on wraps or sandwiches. And making it yourself is a piece of cake, which also allows you to adjust for garlic, thickness, etc.

There is a definite need for a cookbook like yours. I've looked through hundreds of cookbooks at the library and there are few healthy ones focusing on whole grains, clean sweeteners. I checked out Deceptively Delicious by J. Seinfeld. There are some good recipes. But my opinion is why bother sneaking in 1/2 cup of pureed vegetables here and there in a recipe? Vegetables and beans can be prepared in ways that are delicious without trying to hide them. (Sorry for the long comment)

April

Maria Peters said...

April,

I own Deceptively Delicious, because the idea of it intrigued me and the illustrations were so cute. But I agree, why hide veggies in dishes when you can simply make them as a side that tastes good and is also good for you?

I am so happy that you are happy to hear that I plan on writing a book. I really appreciate the support. Now only if I had more time to get in my kitchen and test the recipes that I have created in my head!

Anonymous said...

Long time since I've been visiting your blog now..you are always up to some new delicious recepies!

I better try some of your tips & tricks, I'm adding pounds in these grill and ice cream times..