Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Rav4 Has Arrived!

Last night after work we received a call from the car dealership that the Toyota Rav4 that we ordered a month ago arrived! We picked it up last night in Golden Valley and could not be happier with our decision! I will try to post a pic of the black beauty later on tonight!

I'm sorry that I have not posted my eats for a few weeks. I have been staying Cooler 2 strict while integrating some raw foods and eliminating dairy and wheat flour. I found that dairy and wheat flour (even WW) tend to give me belly bloat, so I am trying to limit them as much as possible.

Here are my eats for the day:

Meal 1 - egg whites + chicken sausage + cinn raising sprouted wheat toast
Meal 2 - raw cashew coconut pudding + raspberries (from the farmer's market)
Meal 3 - chicken artichoke spinach pesto w/ brown rice penne + kale + raw orange miso dressing
Meal 4 - banana + raw almond butter (homemade)
Meal 5 - chicken burger + turkey bacon + butter crunch lettuce + green/yellow/purple beans

Last week I went to the Farmer's Market twice to pick up fresh produce and plan on going twice again this week to pick up any additional produce that we need to supplement our CSA share. The weather in MN is finally cooperating and the farmers have been able to start cranking out produce. I read last week that because of the cold and dry Spring/Summer that we have had, several farmers are over 2 weeks behind schedule on their crops. It's nice to see the weather warming up and the rain today to help them out!

8 comments:

AzLinda said...

Hey there!

Can't wait to see pics of Black Beauty!

Your eats look great!!

So happy that the weather is cooperating! It's been so hot here...whew, can't wait till it cools of some.

Hey, tell me about miso. I bought some the other day and tried making some dressing out of it, but couldn't get passed the smell..eek! What is it supposed to smell like?

Maria Peters said...

AzLinda,

Miso smells very salty and fermented. It IS fermented soy. ;-) The white miso that I have does not have a very strong smell. What kind of miso did you purchase?

Your miso should still be good, as most fermented foods have a long shelf life. Just be sure to keep it in the fridge.

Miso is high in protein and has lots of vitamins and minerals. Some even think that it helped the Japanese in preventing radiation sickness!

Keep the questions coming! I love answering them.
Maria

GeenyBeeny said...

Maria, do you find that the brown rice pasta is less "bloat-y" than WW? I have the same problem as you and just try to stay away from pasta in general, but I do miss having spaghetti every now and then. Spaghetti squash is a good substitute but it would be nice to have actual noodles on occasion.

Maria Peters said...

GeenyBeeny (BTW, I love your screen name!) -

I have found that brown rice noodles make me less bloaty than whole wheat noodles. However, I feel like a lot of different things are making me bloaty lately... and it's driving me crazy! Let me know if you find any other substitutes for wheat products that you like! I am trying soy yogurt today for the first time and will report back on how it is!

Maria

Anonymous said...

If you like zucchini then you should try spirallizing it into a "noodle". It isn't exactly the same but I thought it was pretty good. My favorite is to use it in place of buckwheat noodles to make a somen noodle salad. But I know I see that people put marinara on it.

roxanne

Maria Peters said...

Thanks, Roxanne. I do like zucchini, however, I haven't yet broken down and purchased a spiralizer, but it is on my "to purchase" list.

Danielle said...

I find the same thing. I did a little experimentation and wrote down what I ate/what made me bloated and wheat and dairy top the list. They are both difficult to digest for many people. I have been doing soy cheese, soy milk and soy yogurt, and sticking to oats and things made with oat flour, brown rice or sprouted grains. I also find quinoa to be a great switch-up for rice. It's all about finding out what works for you. =)

Anonymous said...

Rav 4? I have a Rav 4! I don't know much about cars, but I really love that car! Mine is not the newest model, but it works just fine!