Monday, July 6, 2009

Holiday Weekend

I hope that you had an amazing long weekend filled with joy, loved ones, and yummy clean eats!

Allan and I spent the long weekend at his parent's cabin near Pine River, MN, near the Brainerd Lakes area of MN. We had a great time "roughing it" - the cabin has electricity but no running water, which is always an adjustment for me, as I am quite partial to running water. :)

Over the weekend we golfed, shopped, saw Public Enemies, watched a parade, swam in Leech Lake with Miss Laura and her family, had a bonfire, and played games. No fireworks, though, which was alright with me. Allan and I will go to fireworks during the Minneapolis Aquatennial later this summer. It was really nice to get away for a few days! However, it feels good to be home.

What did you do this weekend? I hope that you enjoyed yourself.

2 comments:

AzLinda said...

Sounds like you had the perfect weekend Maria! We drove down to Tucson for the KIIM country fest that they have every year. It was a lot of fun. Glad you had such a wonderful time.

~Linda

Maria Peters said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Up by the cabin they were advertising a big musical festival like that. Glad that you had a great time!