Thursday, March 17, 2011

NYC Restaurant Reviews

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Matthew did a little jig this morning in honor of all of the Irish ladies out there.

------------

NYC is known for its food. Naturally, we have spent a lot of our time researching restaurants and eating. Here are some noteworthy restaurants that we have visited so far.


We ate dinner at the Spice Market our first day in Manhattan. It was cold and rainy and we did not want to venture far. So, this restaurant kiddy-corner from the hotel was a perfect fit. The food was good, Allan enjoyed spicy shrimp and noodles and I had chicken curry. Both were delicious. However, the restaurant was not baby-friendly and they did not have a highchair for Matthew.

We have enjoyed breakfast (twice) and dinner here. It is an amazing restaurant with lots of clean options (egg white omelets, whole grain toast, fruit, organic salmon). The service is impeccable and I highly recommend this restaurant!

A simple sandwich and salad shop with sustainable options. I wasn't blown away by my salad - simple and easy to pick and go.

Quick delivery! The burgers were average and reminiscent of fast food. I had a chicken burger on a whole wheat bun and Allan had the beef burger with baked french fries. The burgers were dry and the fries were moist and not crispy. It satisfied our hunger and that's about it.

Very good gourmet, organic food located in the Chelsea Market. Not waistline friendly, but a delicious indulgence. I ordered the roasted organic chicken breast with braised greens and buttered spatzle and Allan had the GT Burger. Both entrees were very good.



I enjoyed a small mixed greens salad and half of a hummus wrap. The wrap was to die for and the mixed greens were just that - nothing special. This was a delightful lunch.

Matthew and I enjoyed lunch at this cute bakery twice. The first day I had a turkey sandwich on whole wheat with pest mayo - it was incredible! Matthew especially liked his nibbles of whole wheat pesto bread. Our second visit I enjoyed a delectable beet and chickpea salad with a delicious whole wheat roll. Matthew especially liked the whole wheat irish soda bread.


Delicious! I cannot boast enough about how much I love this cute takeaway cafe. Green juice, shakes (carob latte), malomars, chocolate macaroons, cinnamon crispies... YUM! Needless to say we have been to the Chelsea Market location SEVERAL times and will be visiting again today to pick up a smoothie.

This is the one restaurant in Manhattan that I was most excited to visit. However, I was extremely disappointed by the food. I ordered the Prix Fixe lunch: Mediterranean salad, Lasagna and Tiramisu. The salad was very average and I got very sick after eating the lasagna. I spent the entire night in bed last night weak and sick to my stomach. On a positive note, the tiramisu was soft and chocolaty - better than any other tiramisu I have every had.

An organic and health conscious pizzeria serving up intriguing and delightful slices, personal and full-size pizza. I ordered the The Miki on honey whole wheat crust and Allan had The Guru with marinara sauce. The Miki was definitely better than the The Guru.

Delightful! This was one of the best meals that we have had! I enjoyed the Roast Chicken with bacon, kale and sweet potatoes and Allan had Fish Tacos that came with the most delicious squash creamed corn that I must reproduce at home.

What is the best meal that you have had a restaurant lately? What made it so memorable?

2 comments:

Maxine said...

Good post Maria! Looks like you are having a lot of fun.
While it was not recent, I loved our meal at Bambu Indah in Bali. We had a dinner of local and organic ingredients grown on site on a lovely littler terrace outside, with light from an oil lamp.

BOMBASTICLIFE BLOG said...

Hi Friends,

Very good site you have created. Interesting contents and reviews about New York restaurant. These are comfortable of vaguely dutch inflection. Thanks a lot...

Resort Reviews