Friday, January 30, 2009

Workouts

I workout at my home gym that I share with my husband. I am following the workouts described in The New Rules of Lifting for Women and am currently on Stage 3. The workouts are challenging and I only stay on a stage for a few weeks, which decreases the chances of boredom. Although, I am getting to the place in my weight traning that I need to get some heavier dumbbells because I could lift more weight in some of the exercises. I have been thinking about purchasing two of the adjustable dumbbells (5 - 25 lbs) that they sell at Target. Does anyone have them?

The following is my training log for this week:

Workout A

One-Armed Dumbbell Snatch - 3 sets of 10 lbs, 10 reps each set

Alternating Exercises:
Dumbbell Single-Leg Romanian Deadlift - 3 sets of 10 lbs, 6 reps each leg per set
Barbell Bent-Over Row - 3 sets of 70 lbs, 6 reps each set (today I did 7 reps on the 2nd set)

Alternating Exercises:
Dumbbell Single-Arm Overhead Squat - 3 sets of 10 lbs in one hand & 2.5 lbs in the other hand, 6 reps each leg per set
Incline Bench Press - 3 set of 65 lbs, 6 reps per set

Alternating Exercises:
45 degree plank - 2 sets of 45 seconds, rest, 45 seconds, 1 set of 60 seconds, 45 seconds
Dumbbell Reverse Wood Chop - 3 sets of 10 lbs, 10 reps each side per set

Workout B:

Barbell Romanian Deadlift - 3 sets of 70 lbs, 1st set 8 reps, 2nd and 3rd set 7 reps per set

Alternating Exercises:
Partial Single-Leg Squat - 3 sets, 6 reps per set
Pullover (at home version of Lat Pull-Down) - 3 sets of 10 lbs dumbbell, 1st set 6 very slow reps, 2nd and 3rd 10 very slow reps

Alternating Exercises:
YTWL - 3 sets of 2.5 lbs dumbbells, 6 reps each exercise
Long-arm Swiss Ball Crunch - 3 sets, 1st and 3rd sets 10 reps, 2nd set 12 reps

Alternating Exercises:
Reverse Crunch - 3 sets, 6 reps per set
Hanna Side Flexion 2 - 3 sets, 6 reps per set

No comments: