Thursday, January 29, 2009

Meals 2, 3 and 4

Meals 2 and 3 were the Vita-Mix concoction that I make on a daily basis:

1 orange
1/2 hand full of nsa frozen strawberries
1/2 hand full of nsa frozen mango
1 serving vanilla protein powder (muscle milk light)
1 tsp pure vanilla
1 TB wheat germ
1 TB flax seed
1 TB bee pollen
1 C water
1/2 C ice
2 cupped hand fulls of spinach

Today I ran out of spinach and had to use half spinach and half romaine lettuce. The spinach is MUCH better than the spinach/romaine mix. I should have used celery instead of the romaine lettuce - it would have tasted better.

Before:
After:


The second helping that I intended to have for Meal 3 had gotten a little funky in the fridge - the romaine lettuce flavor has intensified, so I added 2 TB peanut butter, a little drizzle of agave, some strained whey from my Yogurt Cheese, and a tiny bit of almond milk to make it taste better... it worked!

Meal 4 was half a large Ezekiel wrap toasted with garlic hummus on it.

I am waiting to see when Allan will be home from work and then plan on making turkey burgers from the Eat-Clean Diet Family and Kids book with Ezekiel Hamburger buns, hummus, lettuce, organic ketchup, organic pickles and Dijon mustard. Should be yummy!

No comments: