Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer Festivities

Since having Mister Matt, it feels like our free time is spent washing, drying and folding clothing, blankets and cloth diapers. :)

Mister Matt at 5 weeks old

In all seriousness, we are really enjoying our time as a family spent feeding, cuddling and learning. We have also found some time in between loads of laundry to attend a few family events including the family reunion of my father's side of the family, a couple birthday celebrations (Happy Birthday Melissa and Becky!), Father's Day with both Grandpas and the Fourth of July at BBDO.

At the Malcolm Family Reunion

As you know, no family celebration would be complete without food. The Summer is filled with backyard barbeques, parties, and celebrations. Unfortunately, many of these events include foods that are unclean, processed or filled with chemicals. So, how do we keep from compromising our ideals while still enjoying ourselves?

My dad grilling by the Pool during the 4th of July weekend

I recently wrote a blog post on Wellness Daily discussing my tactics for eating clean at Summer parties. Check out the post here.

My parents and I on a walk at Minneopa Falls

Apparently this topic is on everyone's minds lately because the day after I wrote the post for Wellness Daily, I received an Eat-Clean Diet newsletter addressing the very same topic. I hope that you enjoy my spin!

    2 comments:

    Dani Spies said...

    What a cutie! Isn't it just amazing, insane, beautiful, inspiring, and crazy all at once!? Our little one just turned one and I can;t believe the year has passed already! Enjoy enjoy enjoy! You look beautiful!

    Maria Peters said...

    Thanks!

    it is absolutely amazing how fast it goes by - but at the same time it feels like he has always been a part of our lives. Watching him grow and learn is an amazing experience that I look forward to every day.