Monday, September 13, 2010

Purple Pride Smoothie



In honor of the official start to the Vikings regular season, Matt and I made the following super simple smoothie, which I quickly gobbled up. Can you gobble up a smoothie? Anyways, I sure did. :) Even if you are not a Vikings fan, you will certainly enjoy this beautifully filling smoothie.


Purple Pride Smoothie

1/2 c cottage cheese
1/2 c milk
dash cinnamon
dash vanilla extract
1 tsp maca powder
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp guar gum
1 banana
1 c frozen blueberries

Place all ingredients in your VitaMix or other high speed blender and blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour into a tall glass, preferably one donning a snazzy Vikings logo, and enjoy!

Do you sip your smoothies through a straw or straight up? I know that I personally love to use a straw with cold drinks.

1 comment:

The Gracious Pantry said...

I don't know why I never thought to add cottage cheese to a smoothie before. What a great way to add protein and make the shake nice and thick!