Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Big Announcement!

Good Afternoon, Bloggers!

I have a very important announcement to make...

I am pregnant!!!



Baby Peters is due May 19th and I am in my 13th week of pregnancy. I am feeling well and taking good care of myself. In my first trimester, I struggled with all day nausea and fatigue that impacted my day-to-day activities. I also suffered from intense food aversions. As you can imagine these side effects combined made it pretty difficult to cook, bake and workout. Which left me with little to blog about!

The good news is that as I begin my second trimester, I am starting to feel like myself again. I have had a lot more energy and am regaining my interest in food. I was even able to pick up the latest issue of Clean Eating and Tosca’s new cookbook for recipe inspiration!

Being that I am pregnant, my food choices have shifted from weight loss to weight gain; which is a weird feeling and has required a complete shift in my mindset. So far, I have gained 3 pounds and plan on gaining a total of 6-9 pounds in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy. So, that leaves me with another 3-6 pounds to gain until the end of December. From 20 weeks on, I plan on gaining 16-20 additional pounds. This will put me at a total weight gain of 22-29 pounds.

For now, I am focusing my workout efforts on prenatal yoga and walking/jogging on my treadmill. I find little interest in weight lifting at this point, but as I regain my energy I plan on creating a pregnancy weight lifting plan for myself.

I would love to hear your thoughts and advice on this wonderful time in my life! I cannot wait to share the next 27 weeks of pregnancy with you along with my newfound motherhood!

12 comments:

allanpeters said...

You're pregnant! Well this explains everything. ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I wish you all the best during your pregnancy! :D

Pregnancy Fat Loss said...

Sounds great. Congratulation. Take care of yourself.
Pregnancy is something every women ever dreamed about.

Lifter Baron said...

Go get em tigers!! Im proud of yous both ;)

Maria Peters said...

Thanks for the nice comments!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
What an exciting time for you.
That is great that you plan to stay active during pregnancy. It keeps you feeling limber and definately helps with sleep later during pregnancy.

Look into hypnobabies/hypnobirthing. The relaxation during pregancy is great and if it helps during labour, that is great too!
Enjoy!

Everyday Superhero said...

Congrats!

Your Hubby has a good sense of humor! :-)

I've been blessed with two beautiful daughters. I had great pregnancies. I ate what my body desired so yes, sometimes I gave in to chips. With the first I could not stand the sight or smell of curry (and couldn't for months after), which was a shame b/c I love Indian food. However, I ate plenty of watermelon. It's so wonderful to be eating great food knowing that you're nurturing a growing being in your body.

Everyday Superhero said...

And of course, keep up the exercise!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And as someone else already noted, that explains a lot. When you weren't posting much I was concerned things weren't well with your husband so glad to hear this news instead. I am definitely looking forward to progress reports and pictures of the baby. My daughter has been desperately trying to get pregnant and having a lot of problems but we are still remaining optimistic that it will happen.

Mary F.

traweaver said...

YEAH!! I was waiting to see a picture. ;) So glad you are well and in the Honeymoon phase of the pregnancy. :) You are going to be a great mom! I might have missed an update...how is Alan?

Paula said...

Congratulations! what a blessing. I have no experience in the subject.. so I would just like to say; Happy Everything! How is the new cookbook?

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! So happy for you!!!